Meet Magento Florida is an open and inclusive event. We are committed to providing a safe and harassment-free environment for everyone where all participants are treated with kindness, fairness, respect, and tolerance. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. This includes spamming attendees on the online platform. Please ensure you are selective, take the time to review profiles, and make good decisions about who you reach out to. Just because you can send everyone meeting requests doesn’t mean you should. By following this code of conduct, you help us create a positive experience for everyone.
We expect all Meet Magento Florida participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors, partners, organizers, staff, and any other individual or organization that engages with Meet Magento Florida) to abide by this code of conduct at the Meet Magento Florida event and space, including social media and other channels of communication, related to the event. Participant badge swapping is prohibited. Badges must be required to be worn at all times during the event including the afterparty.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal and non-verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, and lifestyle
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following, whether online or physical
- Unwelcome sexual attention, whether physical or verbal
- Displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Invasion of personal space
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Unsolicited advertising
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, or if you have any other concerns, please report them as soon as possible. You can make a report either personally or anonymously. All information you provide will be treated confidentially unless it is necessary to be disclosed to appropriate third parties, such as the police. If a staff member is involved, they will be recused from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
You can make a report by:
- Contacting event staff. There will always be a staff member at the event, whom you can contact in person OR via the platform’s chat message functionality.
- Emailing us: email@example.com
While taking a report in person, we will discuss what has happened and how we can help you feel safe for the duration of the event. We will do this before taking any action. This can be upsetting, but we will handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You will not be asked to confront anyone, and we will not disclose your identity.
Any participant who violates these rules, whether accidentally or on purpose, will be asked to stop any harassing behavior, and they are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the organizers reserve the right to take any appropriate action to protect other participants and maintain a safe environment, up to and including permanent expulsion of the violator from all Meet Magento Florida events venues without a refund.
In extreme circumstances, the organizers will contact the police or appropriate authorities.